The last of the binding is almost sewn down on the wonky log cabin, now called “Log Cabin – no permits required” (thanks Alice :)) For some reason I decided that I wanted a piped binding. Not the small 1/8″ binding that some put on before the binding but the old bedspread type of thick cording that went around the edge. I couldn’t find anything on-line about how to do it. I really didn’t want to re-invent the wheel so I took it to our local shop and Jeanette helped me figure out how to attach it. The largest cording I could get was 1/4″ so it isn’t as thick as I wanted it but it still looks good, sorta like a really stuffed binding! I’m going to put together another video on how I made this because I really couldn’t find anything anywhere unless I was going to buy a subscription, dvd or book!
I’ve decided to start a project that has been on the back burner for about a year. I’ve done so many ‘quicky’ type quilts that I really wanted to make something a little more intense. This is intense for me – cutting is not my favourite pastime and this one calls for just under 2000 pieces in various sizes! I’m a glutton!
Here’s the picture of the quilt from BHG Quilts and More Spring 2006 called Piccadilly Square designed by Mabeth Oxenreider. I was really drawn to the pattern and the use of stripes.
Here’s the layout…
I wasn’t able to get the same fabrics seeing as I was late deciding I was going to make this. I needed 28 different fabrics – I’m sooo glad I had a few friends with me to help pick them out!
It should be fun!